Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mission Impossible ????

Hello all and welcome to my little slice of the internet.

My name is Elizabeth and for as long as I can remember I have loved food. To me food means happiness, joy, family potlucks and of course love.

However, over the past several months my love of food has taken a back seat in my life. Due to the daily pressures of life it has become way to easy to pick up something for dinner. You know what I mean, your on your way home from work and there like a beacon shining thru the clouds comes the "Golden Arches". You hear angels singing the praises of a double cheeseburger, medium fry and why not add an apple pie, they sing in your ear. As you pull up to order you think what can it hurt, just this one time !

The trap has been set, and sprung. You find yourself stopping more often and adding breakfast to your day. The clerks begin to know your face and even ask about your family (true story !) All the while you still listen to those sweet voices you don't stop to think about the costs of those quick meals.

Costs, you say....those meals are cheap ! You could not beat the 99 cent menu or the dollar burgers. I would have agreed up until about 5 hours ago when my dear husband and I sat down for a budget discussion. YUCK !!!

When we realized just how much all of those "dollar meals" were adding up to each week, we were shocked. Gone were the sweet voices singing the praises of an apple pie, replaced were the cold hard facts hitting us right between the eyes !

I don't want to put the amount in writing it was much to painful to see once, so why do it again. But trust me it was really, really awful !

So I sat and thought about how to change this habit. The choices were simple either get another job to offset the cost or find my way back to my love of fixing and preparing good, quality meals for the ones I love, my family.

Here is my mission, I will post my biweekly menu plans that include breakfast, lunch and dinner for a family of four. Also, I will post my receipts from Aldi's and Walmart, any coupons I may use and at the end of the month we will ALL see how closely I have stuck to my budget.

Currently, I spend about $ 250.00 for a two week period. This includes household items and of course pet food.

Menu's will be posted on the 1st and the 16th of the month. Come join me on this journey and maybe you will rediscover your love of cooking too !

Forks at the ready,
Elizabeth





































No comments:

Post a Comment