Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another quick tip to share !

  Tammy over at Tammy's Recipes has made every Tuesday "Tip Day." I love reading and learning from all of the great tips she and her readers have to share.
  So once again I sat with my thinking cap in place and remembered another time saver that I use and love. My bread machine is my new best friend as many of you know but, sometimes I don't think about making bread until it is too late or dinner is ready.
  Well, I came up with the idea of making my own bread mixes and having them ready to go at a moment's notice. I measure all the dry ingredients in a Ziploc bag, then label it with the bread name and cookbook page number. I then only have to add the yeast when I am ready to make the bread. I store the mixes in my freezer until needed.
  This is really a time saver in the morning. I can toss a bag mix in the machine and then when I get home from work a nice warm loaf of bread is ready and waiting.

As always my fork is at the ready,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, Elizabeth! I should definitely do this now that our weather cooled off and I can get back to baking! :D

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete